Monday, September 24, 2007

Appledoms




Applebee's has nothing on our flock! These sheep are loving their apples. We have one tree that is dropping golden delicious faster than we can gather them. The deer are helping by night but this afternoon I filled a basket so I'd have a stash for them. The trees in their pasture are not dropping yet...macintosh but still developing. It would be an understatement to say the highlight of their day is the apple toss. I take 6-7 apples and toss them into the grass for them to eat. Here Ashley is enjoying her apple; and for an instant I set the basket down in the field (that was dumb!). Some of the youngsters prefer hand fed! In fact Peach (right corner, bottom picture) will butt me if I walk away from her without an extra apple. We've had words about that behavior!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    I want to live on this farm!

    I love your blog entries.

    and YKILY

    ReplyDelete