Monday, December 03, 2007

Our Ursus


The unthinkable and unexpected and most painful thing has just occured. I have to write, it won't help.

Our dear and loyal cat, Ursus, has been killed just moments ago. I can't breath. He was run over in the night, the dark, this snowy night. He is gone. We are in shock.

I thought we had at least 10 more years. I can't even explain the intensity of this cat and our relationship with him.

We are a mess. He was a stray cat who came to us, we tamed him and he knew how to survive here, he lived here before we arrived. We have had him 12 years and now on his own land he died, in an untimely and very unkind way.

We are sick, time will heal this but never, ever, will we have another friend such as Ursus. He was one of a kind. God rest your blessed soul, dear Ursus.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:16 PM

    I know exactly how you feel as it happened to my best dog in the whole world. I had her a short time, but she was the light in my life, and my motivation to press on every day. She was hit by my neighbor. She ran off, and I didn't find her for nearly two months. I found her remains, and I'll never ever forgive myself, or forget that wonderful dog. I'm so sorry for your loss. Ursus looks just like a cat I had once, name Dusty. Know that I am weeping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a great comfort in knowing all animal lovers understand this wretched moment. Thank you. The finality is just the worst. I keep wishing I could go back to yesterday and do it all over. I can't. You suffered in such a different way having to wait so long for the outcome. At least we were here and witnessed the end.Thank you for sharing.

    I thank all who have contacted me to share your hearts. I have a lot of shy, private blog friends who prefere email! That's okay.

    ReplyDelete