Monday, November 17, 2008

Shelley

My dear little Shelly just passed away minutes ago. It wasn't a good weekend for her and I knew she was losing the fight but I had hope just the same. This morning though she threw up again and then got up on her bench to rest but looked really awful. Just minutes later she passed away. I am glad I was here with her.

At least she died in the one place she loved the most doing the regular routine of her day.

But this is a small consolation for the loss of such a dear friend and companion to me these past ten years.

Travel safely, Shelley. God speed.

7 comments:

  1. She is at peace and her little soul will be with you always. Hugs...I know how much it hurts when they leave us. I'm glad you were with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy! I am so so so sorry. There is just no worse feeling, but I AM glad she could be at home with you and in her comfort zone. That counts for a lot.

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Nancy! I am so, so sorry for the loss of your dearly loved Shelley! I am glad you were there with her, but yes, that brings little consolation for such a loss. May she rest in peace running with those that have passed before her rounding up flocks in Heaven. Sending you hugs and keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:25 PM

    ~ So Sorry to read of your loss. She's leaving a big hole that you will have to fill the best you can with fond memories. She was a sweetie! ~ m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:15 PM

    I am so sorry to hear about Shelly. I was following her story hoping she would get better. I am glad, though, that you were able to be with her when she passed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, I am so sad for you and your family (human and animal) for the loss of sweet Shelly. She sounds like a wonderful friend and companion. The sun will come out again and you will be able to smile again, too, when you're ready. I told Tucker to keep his eye out for a lovely, fluffy little girl. (Now I'm crying, too.) Here's a big cyberhug and lots of warm, happy thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:36 PM

    I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose your daily companion and good friend. They bring us so much joy. I hope that soon you will remember that joy more then the sadness of missing her.

    ReplyDelete