Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Fibery things

It was great to have such a nice group join me here at the farm for the monthly fiber gathering! We were knitting socks and knitting squares for Luke and spinning silk from hankies and making macrame bracelets. It's always nice to come together in an unstructured way to visit with familiar and unfamiliar faces. Please note the invitation is open to all, with a reservation, please as space is limited, so look to the first Sunday in May for the next gathering. There is a link here and in my blog side bar as well.

If you are a member of Ravelry I have set up a team to help knit a part of The World's Longest Scarf as part of Keep The Fleece. You can read all about it on their site and if you want to be part of my team, Long Ridge Farm, check in at the CVM/Romeldale Sheep!! group to sign on with me. If you aren't a member of Ravelry I will start a team scarf section and bring it to the CT and NH Sheep and Wool Festivals for you to knit a row or an inch or you can come visit me at the farm and knit a few rows while we visit! The main objective is to get a nice long scarf. For each row you knit, the suggested donation is $1, for an inch $10. All of the proceeds go to Heifer International to help reduce hunger and poverty around the world. All of the scarf pieces knit will come together at the NY Sheep and Wool Festival in October 2009 and be joined together. Should be quite a sight to see as this is a world wide event!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool project! I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to knitting and donating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful cause - hope you get a lot of signups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:28 AM

    ... looking forward to knitting & donatng! ... maybe I can carry a piece of the multicolored silk I was spinning along w/ the CVM/Romeldale yarn being used :^) ~ m.

    ReplyDelete