Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm no doctor

My diagnosis last week of being on the mend was not true!
I wound up with pneumonia and didn't get it diagnosed until yesterday.
After chest x-rays and blood work the verdict was solid. The drugs are
incredibly effective, as in Prednisone and antibiotics. The hard part is laying low because the Prednisone gives energy. Darn steroids!
So I can now say I am on the mend!

Memphis and the lambing girls are all doing great. Growing by the day and we have a lovely stretch of spring weather this week with lots of sun, light breezes and temps in the 60's! Just what the doctor ordered for us!

4 comments:

  1. Oh no Nancy! Get your rest and put those feet up as pneumonia whups your butt like know body's business! And make sure you cough up all that nasty stuff as painful as it may be. Hope you got a chance to sit and soak up some sun today. Glad you're not lambing yet. Maybe the girls will hold out a bit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, that can creep up on you like nobodies business!
    Glad you are on the true road to recovery this time and glad to hear Memphis is good too!
    Fingers crossed lambing holds off until those meds really have time to do more than make you feel better.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonder drugs, truly. I was on steroids for so long at such high doses, now when I do have to take them, I don't get any of the busy buzz. Sadly.

    Take care of yourself. Looking like those girls will need their midwife shortly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I hope you get a chance to take the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete