Sunday, May 09, 2010

Bonne nuit ~ Au revoir

For the bonne nuit part...I am home from the NH Sheep and Wool Festival and as always it was just a great show. The weather was challenging with driving rains on Saturday, leaky roofs and an overall damp feeling. Today it was dry but a gray sky loomed with a cold wind. However that is the best conditions for us fiber folk who love wool! It may sound like a broken record but I love seeing you all....just the comraderie, hugs, smiles and happy faces work for me! Is this a pair of happy faces or what?

They came down the isle by my booth and I just couldn't resist this baby face, or the Mom! 5 months old and just so happy she was, as was her mom on Mother's Day today.

There were a couple of difficult moments in my building...Josie and Tom had to close yesterday as she was rushed to the hospital with a medical problem and then Lars Garrison's wife, Gail, suffered a heart attack late yesterday and her prognosis is unclear. I spoke with Lars this morning and he was more than concerned for her recovery. Please say a prayer for them all, they are mainstays in the New England fiber community.


As for the Au revoir part....I depart for France tomorrow for a 2 week journey with Earthues and friends working with two French natural dyers along with days of sights relevant to the natural dye world. Very exciting and a once in a lifetime trip!

Because I enjoy your company on my blog and would wish you could take this same trip with me I am doing the best next option....

I will be posting blog entries here and there entitled "Where's Nanette?" I will show a photo and a clue as to where I am. It will be your job to determine where I am in France. The first correct entry posted on the blog post will win a token gift from the area in France I am located.

This is for the fun of it....it will take a few days for me to get settled and of course the internet connection challenge exists. If all else fails I will still post the game on my return. The geography challenge exists! Good luck and be well!

5 comments:

  1. How flippin exciting is that!!!! Oh have a wonderful time Nanette.;-)
    Glad the show was a good one and what a smile producing pic of Baby and Mom!
    Sorry I missed you, next year maybe and picking up some lovely yarn. We'll talk about that when you come back.
    Prayers for all the fiber folks and esp. Gail.
    Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have an awesome, safe, fun, exciting trip! (I feel sure you will!!)

    Lots of good thoughts for all the fiber folks. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:45 AM

    ... SAFE TRAVELS!!! I'll be heading further west as you are westward/homeward bound. you can count on me NOT participating in your Fun "Where's Nanette?"! (I'm clueless about France) ~ we'll have LOTS of catching up once we are both back. ~ m.

    ps .. was thinking on you during this less than pretty weekend, BUT .. COLD SELLS WOOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, Nancy. I certainly would have carried your luggage for you -- you just needed to ask! :o)

    Laissez le bon temps roulez, mon amie! (Let the good times roll, my friend!) Also: Ou est le salle de bain, s'il vous plait? (Where is the bathroom, please?) This one is *very* handy! Hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bon Voyage Nancy! Have a wonderful time. Hope the ash cloud doesn't hamper travel.

    I am so sorry to hear about the emergencies in your building. My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their families.

    Wonderful seeing you as always despite the cold and rain.

    ReplyDelete