Monday, November 08, 2010

Fiber Festival of New England recap

I am home from vending the Inaugural Fiber Festival of New England this past weekend. As a vendor there was much to like about this new show. It took place at the Mallary Complex at the Eastern States Exposition (aka the Big E) in West Springfield, MA. The Mallary is BIG! We had 200 vendors plus fiber animal exhibitors, shearing and sheep herding demos, a fiber fashion show and various workshops and lectures....all under one roof! And it still wasn't filled in all the corners. The staff and volunteers were awesome, it was organized and getting in and out to set up was almost seamless. For a new show and the last of the season I believe it has nowhere to go but up!
As usual I don't get out and about as much as I wish to shop and take pictures but here are a few shots to share:

The Long Ridge Farm booth Friday night...

and some of what I offered...


a view down an isle before the opening bell

fiber from the Loop...

my DD Faith came for the weekend to help me and we had a great time being together...her first time "working" with me....

I had a visit from NutmegOwl and KnittingKittens to see the finished shawl that Nutmeg knit with my CVM/Bombyx silk yarn as part of the Knitters Book of Wool woolalong group on Ravelry. The CVM/Romeldale was the featured breed in June. Nutmeg is incognito but the shawl is not! It is lovely and so are these two women!


Some pretty socks....

Faith knitting!

Me seen measuring out some natural dyes for a customer...

It was great to catch up with all of you who came to the show and now for the long hiatus until show season starts again in April. Back to the farm, dyeing and getting ready for winter!

3 comments:

  1. The big E is an amazing place. How wonderful it was easy and smooth, it sure looks like it was a grand first festival. OHG, some of the reds and orangey colors in your yarn are awesome. And how nice to have DD there to help. You're both lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome wasn't it?? I didn't realize it was your daughter Faith who was with you. She's so cute! I'm sorry I didn't get back to your booth later on Saturday. It was wonderful seeing you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:19 AM

    .. everything about your booth looks great :) & new logo/banner hanging at the back. looking forward to op. to catch up ~ m.

    ReplyDelete